1. Remember there are 24 hours in each and every day including March 31, 2017.
2. Sleep in — that used up a few of those hours.
3. Do some of those non-fun aspects of genealogy.
- Clean up your work area
- Corral those dust bunnies and relocate them to "File 13."
- Organize those paper files and while doing that re-read them — who knows you might learn something you forgot, or something might click with what you know now.
- Organize your electronic files but be careful of those files linked in genealogy programs.
4. Bring up five browser windows and keep hitting refresh so you know what is going on.
- MacKiev's Family Tree Maker FaceBook page (you don't have to be a FaceBook member to take a look)
- Ancestry.com's Face Book page (ditto above)
- MacKiev's Family Tree Maker Support Page FTM 2017 FAQ page
- Ancestry.com's Blog post on the change happening just to keep an eye those comments
- Your email where the email to the Family Tree Maker 2017 download should appear. Keep hitting refresh/check mail.
Nope. Nothing yet.
5. If you have not updated your Research Log lately now is a great time to do so. Heck, it's a good time to start one. What have you found and where? What do you want to look for and where?
6. Have an early dinner with the family. You got to talk to them sometime, now is a good time to catch up.
7. Refresh those browser tabs. Nope nothing yet.
8. Remember patience. There are 1,440 minutes in a day. And that the first time does not always go smoothly. Remember being a kid and those party games? The first in line did not always do the best. Those who came after got to see/learn how to do the task better. So let us all exercise patience and not beat up Software MacKiev — the company saved Family Tree Maker after a whole big lot of us shouted out and expressed our feelings for the program.
9. Write a letter or email an elderly relative questions about what they remember and about themselves. We are all supposed to do this, interview our elders, but how many of us have done this?
10. Take a walk, try number 4 again. If negative then repeat from number 1.
Got to run, I am trying number 6. Wonder where we are going.
©2017 All Rights Reserved, goneresearching. All text and photos in this post are copyrighted & owned by me (goneresearching) unless indicated otherwise. No republication (commercial or non-commercial) without prior permission. You may share (tell others) of this blog as long as you give credit and link to this site (not by downloading or copying any post). Thank you.