Sunday, August 17, 2014

Happy Birthday to my 4th Great Grandma Martha DUNHAM RIDER

It is August 17, 2014. And, today would have been her 217th Birthday. She was one of my fourth great grandmothers on my father's side. Her name was Martha DUNHAM

Martha and her family are currently the pile of bricks that I am remodeling from a wall into ... my family history. 

Granted one link is held together by circumstantial evidence but it is good reasoning and what evidence/non-evidence I have found that has helped me confirm what my gut has been saying to me for years. Of course, I still seek a record -- any original record -- that says what I have determined for this particular link.

Martha was born 17 August 1797 in Dutchess County, New York. When she was three and a half years old, her parents moved their large family to what was Upper Canada now Ontario, Canada. Eventually, she married Seneca RIDER.

That is all I can say at present, I am writing this family's story and I am hoping to submit it for publication. Not the whole family's ancestry (there are others working on that) just the details on her parents and their descendants which have not been told before.

So Happy Birthday, Grandma Martha!

No comments:

Post a Comment